Monday, July 15, 2013

Our backyard

I feel like such a slacker...I haven't blogged much {okay any} since returning from vacation. I have been really busy though working on my daughter's bedroom and I hope to share that with you later this week.

Today I want to share some of our backyard and the projects we've tackled back there this past spring and summer.

I don't think I've ever showed you pics of our backyard before so let me give you a little background. Right now we have what I consider two backyards...we have a fenced in pool area and a nice size grassy yard beyond the fence. Our plan is to eventually fence in our entire yard and then remove the fence around the pool area so it's one large area and not divided up.

This was our pool area in April. I know kind of a hot mess! The previous owners had put mulch all around the pool area and it drove my husband nuts because he was constantly having to clean mulch out of the pool. 



My husband decided to replace the mulch with rocks. We had a truck load delivered and spent a weekend shoveling and hauling rock from our driveway to the back.




Then it was time to open our pool. Unfortunately last summer our pool liner was damaged and we needed  to have it replaced.




It took a couple of days to fill the pool.


This is our pool and backyard now. Still things we want to do in the future like add more landscaping and build a pergola for shade {there's always next year}.






My husband built this towel holder for me.


To add a little color I spray painted some boring plastic pots.



As  I mentioned before there are still several projects we would like to do in our yard. I've learned to be patient {not everything has to be done RIGHT NOW} especially since I know this is our forever home. 

I hope you enjoyed my little tour. Thanks for taking time to stop by.

                                                                                              Amy


linking up this week to...

9 comments:

  1. Amy, your pool and area is just beautiful
    Over from Eliz. & Co

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice it'd be to have a pool like that! Especially on a hot day like today. Phew. Your backyard looks good, I'm jealous!

    P.S. I started a new blog! All of this inspiration you and others share gave me the itch back. :)

    -Amanda
    http://www.atouchofthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Amanda! I will be over right away to check it out. Congratulations!

      Delete
  3. You slacker think you can go on a holiday or something sheesh! Joking :)
    I love your big backyard and swimming pool. A pool is a must in our next house, I think Id get so much use out of it even just sitting beside it sipping on a cocktail :) Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!
      Our family loves having a pool especially my husband {it's his pride and joy}.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. You and I are in the same boat. I have not blogged in a while but its nice to see we are both getting back into it! Thanks for linking this up at Well Crafted Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your pool is fabulous . I so miss having a pool. I loved it. The rock is a great choice, it looks great and definitely will keep the pool clean. We had a lot around our pool too. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me Tuesday party that is ongoing. www.astrollthrulife.net Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!! Looks beautiful. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete