Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Back from vacation!

Why do vacations go so quickly? We spend months planning them and looking forward to them, and days packing for them only to have the week just fly by.
After a very very very long drive we spent a relaxing week right on the beach in Fort Myers Beach, Florida. We rented a small home directly on the beach, it was beautiful.
Here are just a few pics of our week.

Our family

Our pug Shadow enjoyed his first trip to the beach

We went on an awesome dolphin sight seeing boat tour and saw lot's of dolphins.

This was our view every evening at sunset.


As soon as we returned from vacation we celebrated my son's fourteenth birthday! We kept things simple with a cook out and swimming for our families. Too bad it rained most of the day...what's up with this weather?


The birthday boy


I also decided that it was a good time to start another room makeover. This time for my daughter who will be turning thirteen in August. I don't know what I was thinking because right now her room is turned upside down and our upstairs hallway is lined with her belongings. I'm trying to get everything cleared out so I can paint the trim and walls.

Tomorrow I will be spending the holiday with our family and friends. Fingers crossed no more rain! I hope you all have a wonderful fourth of July!

                                                                                                 Amy


2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great vacation! We went to Anna Maria Island, FL back in May and loved it. We did a dolphin tour as well and it was amazing. Probably the best part. Since we have toddlers though it did get a little boring towards the end, we were glad to head home. Now of course I miss it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great vacation! My in-laws live in Ft. Myers so I've been there many times. I love that you took your dog on vacation with you and your family photo on the beach is great!

    Glad you're back. I can't wait to see your next project reveal.

    Lori : )

    ReplyDelete