Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pinterest challenge owl chalkboard

I'm back today with another idea I pinned from Pinterest! I love being able to check off some of the cool ideas I've pinned!

Last week while on one of my weekly trips to Michael's craft store I came across this cute wood owl cut out {I have a thing for owls lately}. My mind started churning with ideas, and bingo I remembered something I saw on Pinterest. The best part was that I had everything else I needed at home already.

Here is what my owl looked like when I brought it home from the store.


I used some pretty blue spray paint on the top half and some chalkboard spray paint on the bottom. I made the eyes and beak out of paper from my scrapbooking stash and just glued them on.


I think this little guy will look great on my front porch!

I almost forgot...to see the original idea visit Angela at button birds designs.


                                                                                       Amy


linking up this week to...

4 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super cute. How fun for a kids room.... :)
    hugs xx
    Crystelle

    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute!

    I would love for you to link up at the Mommy Archive - we're focusing this week on all the amazing things you can do with chalk board, Alice x

    ReplyDelete