Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pinterest challenge fun graduation gift

Last weekend we attended our first graduation party of the season. I knew we were giving cash, but I wanted to try something different than just the standard card.

I had pinned this idea a couple weeks ago and knew it would be perfect. The original idea uses a 2 liter pop bottle {you can check it out here}. 

I made a smaller version with a plastic water bottle. I made the label and gift tag on my computer and used some scrapbooking paper and ribbon to dress it up {of course I used the school colors}. I attached the label to the bottle with glue dots {they are super strong and don't show}.




This would also be a great gift idea for birthdays as well!


                                                                                           Amy


linking up this week to...

8 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! My nephew is graduating next weekend and I'm planning on giving him money. This is way cuter than a card with a check inside.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I think this is such a fun idea!

      Delete
  2. Very nice idea that I plan on copying. I also made a gift for my son who graduated;
    http://following-friends.com/2012/06/22/graduation-gift/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely idea. I am pinning!
    You inspired me today. I think graduation gifts are so hard.....

    hugs xx
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! I agree graduation gifts can be difficult. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. Cute idea! We have two grad parties this weekend and we always give cash. Now I can do it awesomely! :)
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute and thoughtful gift idea. I can see the reaction of your receiver. A big big smile! Thanks for sharing =)

    Send Flowers and Gifts to Philippines

    ReplyDelete