Monday, April 22, 2013

Pinterest challenge red velvet poke cake

I'm back today with another pinterest challenge! I love when I finally get up off my bottom and do something I've pinned off of Pinterest. 

This weekend we hosted a small cookout for our families and it motivated me to try one of the many recipes I've pinned. I decided on the yummy and colorful red velvet poke cake! I want to stress that this is not my creation or original idea, the creator of this cake is the country cook. You can check out her blog, she has tons of great recipes!

My nine year old daughter helped me put this together and it was easy and fun to do!




All the ingredients minus the eggs and oil used to bake the cake. The original recipe calls for cheesecake pudding mix, but our store didn't have that so I used white chocolate pudding.

1 box red velvet cake mix
eggs, oil, and water for cake mix
two boxes {3.4 oz.} cheesecake instant pudding mix
4 cups milk {for the pudding}
1 tub whipped topping
10 oreo cookies crushed


Step 1 bake the cake. While it cooled my helper crushed the oreo cookies.


Step 2 make the pudding.


Step 3 use the end of a spoon or other utensil to poke holes in the cake. Another fun one for little helpers!



Step 4 pour pudding onto cake and try to get down into holes.


Step 5 put on a layer of whipped topping.


Step 6 right before serving sprinkle on the crushed cookies.


It's hard to tell here, but the pudding really does go down into the cake.

This was YUMMY!

Everyone enjoyed the cake and my daughter wants to make another one soon!


Have a great day!

                                                                                        Amy


Linking up this week to...

6 comments:

  1. I would love a piece of that right NOW! Looks so tasty!
    Found you at Make it pretty Monday.
    Blessings, Gloria @The Resourceful Gals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!! Great recipe to have on hand when you need something quick, easy and delicious! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good and so yummy! thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday!

    A Pinch of Joy/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I've pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MmmM - making a red velvet poke cake sounds delicious! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime last week.

    ReplyDelete