Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Inside my baking cabinet

Last week I shared our newly renovated kitchen, and today I want to share the inside of one of my cabinets. I like to call it the baking cabinet {why yes I do name my cabinets} because I keep all of my baking items {mixing bowls, measuring cups, etc.} there.




I took down the door and gave the back several coats of chalkboard spray paint. My husband put some cup hooks on a thin piece of leftover trim which I then spray painted to match the door. I used my hot glue gun to attach the trim to the door. 

This really comes in handy now that my daughter enjoys baking as well. Everything we need is located in one area and the chalkboard could also be used to write down recipes for her.









I love these little polka dot measuring cups. I just picked them up at Michael's on clearance for 60% off.


Have a great day!


                                                                                       Amy


linking up this week at...

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have a specific cabinet for your baking needs! I so need to do that! And those polka dot cups are adorable!!!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! I recently did the inside of my pantry doors with chalkboard paint to write our weekly menus and grocery list on... love this idea for the baking cabinet!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanging the measuring spoons on the door is genius!! I'm definately going to try and get my husband to do this for me this weekend. Right now we have a basket on our shelf that contains them all and it takes a while sometimes to find the right one. Love it!! I'm also loving the polka dot measuring cups!! I want to go to Michael's and see if they have any left. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete