Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Master bedroom reveal

Today I am finally ready to show off my newly decorated master bedroom! It took a little longer then I planned, but I am truly happy with the results. Plus, I was able to keep this makeover under my teeny tiny budget!

Just to refresh your memory here is a look at the BEFORE.
We simply moved in and unpacked and left the room like this for the past year and a half.



Here it is TODAY!











Just for fun I added some side by side shots.
BEFORE  AFTER 

As I mentioned earlier I was on a tight budget with this room. I saved money by using all of my existing furniture and painting it. I also shopped for bargains and threw in some DIY projects. I was able to complete this room for under $300.00 total! {cheering}

Here is my project breakdown

1. Paint for walls Behr elephant skin from Home Depot $80.00
2. white paint for trim and furniture already had
3. White duvet set from Target $79.99
4. White dust ruffle DIY project FREE
5. Lampshades from Target $34.00 for both
6. gallery wall frames from around house plus a few more from Michael's at 50% off just $20.00
7. Artwork DIY FREE
8. Curtain rods and hardware Ikea $17.00
9. Painted stripe curtains DIY with white panels from Target $20.00
10. Canvas artwork over armoire Hobby Lobby 50% off $15.00
11. Black baskets under nightstands Target clearance $24.00
12. Chevron window valance DIY already had fabric FREE
13. Accent pillow Hobby Lobby clearance about 6 months ago $5.00



Now I can actually enjoy spending time in my bedroom instead of cringing every morning waking up to bright gold walls!

Of course there are always things that can be done in the future {like a cozy little reading chair in the corner} but for now we are HAPPY! After a break I'll have to tackle our gold and blue master bathroom as well!

Thank you for coming by today!

                                                                                        Amy



Linking up this week...

26 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! I love the grey and white...it looks so crisp and you can easily change colors around when you want to. Great job at staying below budget too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I love the gray walls and the DIY art. We're finally doing up our master bedroom now. All that's left is my "just us" gallery. I keep getting distracted by trips down memory lane. It's so hard to pick out photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time narrowing down my photos as well. I just love all the photos from when my three were babies!

      Delete
  4. Wow! Your bedroom looks amazing! I can't believe you spent only $300 on the whole room. You did an awesome job! I love the gallery wall and the curtains are fab!

    I can't wait to get my master bedroom done. Still debating whether I want to paint the furniture or not.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Lori : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little worried about my small budget, but I made it work! Painting the furniture was alot of work, but it changes the look dramatically.

      Can't wait to see your makeover!

      Have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

      Delete
  5. Love you master makeover. Looks so fresh and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on doing all this for under $300. That is impressive!! Love the new color on the walls - that adds so much. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful =) My hubby and I bought a house over the summer, and we're trying to take it one room at a time. The bedroom may have to be next haha I'd love it if you stopped by my blog and shared this at my new linky party!http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2012/11/now-co-hosting-inspiration-spotlight.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful--you have a great space for a master bedroom! Love the colors and gallery wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The transformation is amazing! I love the colors you chose and the white makes everything so crisp and cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Amy! I love the gray walls~this is my color of the moment, can't seem to get enough of it! Beautiful bedroom. I'm your newest follower~would love for you to stop over for a visit! Angie @ Swede Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful transformation! I adore the color gray that you chose and painting the molding was the perfect choice. The wall gallery and white accents make it so crisp! We painted all of ours a few years ago and it made such a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful room - I love that deep grey and those striped curtains! Visiting from Happy Hour Linky... Rhonda @home.made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so pretty! I love the colors and the striped curtains. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful. I love budget makeovers, love the color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that all looks gorgeous! I'm impressed that you did it all on a budget too, good job! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog tonight! Come stop by and grab a featured button: http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/12/your-whims-wednesdday-88-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party starts at 12:01AM on Wednesday and runs through Sunday night. Have a great week.
    Debi, Joye and Myrna (The Busy Bee's), Linda (Two Succulent Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH my gosh I love it! I love the curtains, I love your pops of yellow, I love your wall hanging...! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the reveal and love the room!! What a lovely (and spacious!) bedroom! Doesn't it feel great to have a relaxing bedroom to retreat after a day of mommyhood?!?

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the reveal and love the room!! What a lovely (and spacious!) bedroom! Doesn't it feel great to have a relaxing bedroom to retreat after a day of mommyhood?!?

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. {cheering} too! Amazing transformation :D Great job on a tight budget!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job!

    I would love for you to link up at the Mommy Archive - we're focusing on bedrooms this week, Alice x

    ReplyDelete