Thursday, November 29, 2012

Finding the perfect lampshade

Recently when I was working on my master bedroom makeover I decided to keep my existing lamps and just change out the shades to save money. I thought it would be an easy task to just switch out the shades. Nope, it took me a solid week and many many trips to several stores to finally find the perfect lampshade.


I feel in love with the color and pattern on this shade but it was to large for the lamp.
I thought this one was perfect until I put it on my lamp. Way too small!
In the store I thought this shade would be too large, but when I got it home it was the perfect fit!


The nice people at Target probably thought I was crazy buying and returning shade after shade.

Moral of the story...do some research before heading to the store. Measure your lamp and existing shade!

I found some great tips here at shades of light. Such as, the diameter of the bottom of the shade should not be greater than the height of the lamp body (to bottom of socket). So if you are in the market for new shades I would suggest heading over and doing a little reading first.

Have a great day!


                                                                                                 Amy

4 comments:

  1. Lamps are always so hard to find. Why is that? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it goes with your comforter. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your pain - not with lamp shades specifically, but I swear every time I under take a project people (especially my husband) think I'm crazy as I spend twice as much time looking for/returning the perfect items then it takes to create whatever I want to create!

    Newest follower, love you look and tell-it-how-it-is adventures.

    xo
    moe
    moetalksalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete