Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My organized lunch drawer

I am happy to report that the first day school was a success for my kids yesterday! Besides being a little tired they were ready to start day 2 today.

Today I am going to share some ways I stay organized for school.

Last year I knew I needed to do something different as far as packing lunches went.  I was scrambling every morning trying to throw lunches together for three kids. I decided to dedicate one drawer in our kitchen to school lunches. Having  everything {except refrigerated items} together in one place saves me so much time.

Here is what my lunch drawer looks like...






My youngest loves getting notes from mom in her lunch. I found these free printables here.

I also prepackage my fruit in small containers so I can just grab it out of the refrigerator in the morning.





To save money on packed lunches I always buy what is on sale that week.

For example this week Kroger had goldfish crackers on sale for $1.00 so I stocked up on them.
They also had Nature Valley protein bars on sale for $1.99. I used coupons and got mine for .99 a box.
I also buy my sandwich and snack baggies at the dollar store.


I would love hearing from you if you have tips on organizing or saving when it comes to packing those school lunches!

Have a good day!


                                                                                      Amy


linking up this week to... ATHOUGHTFULPLACE
IHeart Organizing

15 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I think I need to do that - school started today and I need to get organized. I really love the fruit already rinsed & packaged. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Lori! We are on day 3 of school so far and this has helped me with my time management so well. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. So smart! I am so slow moving in the morning - usually still half asleep when I pack my hubby's lunch for work. I'm going to have to do this.. it would help tremendously! I'm sure it helps when you make your shopping list, too, to be able to see how many portions of fruit, etc. are left. Thanks for sharing!! Great advice!

    ((Hugs))
    Heather
    Stringtown Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I need to get working on something similar! I am totally not a morning person and I'm sure this would help out. Thanks so much for sharing at Clean and Scentsible. I'll be featuring this on my Facebook page. Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great idea! I've been meaning to do something similar. Right now I have all our lunch foods on top of the wardrobe in my bedroom to keep them from my little snackers LOL I'm a new follower on bloglovin. I cohost a link party every thursday and I'd love for you to join us :D http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/08/pin-inspiration-47.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micki I will be sure to stop by and link up to your party!

      Delete
  6. Brilliant idea! I bet it's super helpful to have everything all in one place :-)

    Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a timely post. School starts for us after Labor Day, and I am getting the house organized. Thanks for sharing, this idea will come in very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some day I hope to be this organized!


    Thanks for sharing on The All Star Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT idea!! I just LOVE the notes! I never think to put any in Gabrielle's lunch, I really should.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting you via Make It Pretty Monday. I would love for you to visit My Dream Canvas. This is a great idea. Have a great day. Anu

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a really great idea! Thank you for sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas!
    I would love to have you link this up to my linky party! http://domesticrandomness.blogspot.com/2012/08/friday-fascinations-3-everything-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you from CSI project. LOVE your blog! Will be looking through all of your projects but love this one for sure! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete