Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pallet welcome sign

I am loving summer vacation so far! My kids are keeping me busy, but I still managed to sneak in a project or two last week.

I used some leftover pallet pieces to whip together this welcome sign for our front porch.




Something about a stack of unused wood makes me smile...so many possibilities!


I started off by giving my boards a coat of primer.


Then a coat of white paint {not pictured}. I then lightly dry brushed on some teal colored paint.


I let every coat dry before moving on to the next. After the teal I added a bit of gray/blue paint. Finally I added just a light coat of white paint {not pictured}. Once all the paint dried I went over the entire piece with sandpaper.


I placed my stencil where I wanted it and traced away.


I used a small paint brush to paint in the letters. Once the letters dried I used some sandpaper to rough them up.


My handy husband hung the sign for me {even if it hangs crocked sometimes}.


To see our front porch and some of my diy porch projects from last summer you can follow the links below.


                                                                                            Amy

linking up this week to...
 
 





9 comments:

  1. I love how it looks so vintage! I also have some wood planks piling up...now I know what to do with them! Thanks for sharing!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selene! I know I have tons of wood laying around and tons of ideas just not enough time and energy! So happy you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. love it and love pallets.......nice job Andi the wednesdaybaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute! I need to get my hands on some pallets & do something fun like this with them :) I saw you at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia :D
    Blessings!
    Nicole
    http://coleyscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/2013/06/around-house-basement.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great!! Love the coloring you did!! I need to start stockpiling wood. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sign Amy! And I love that you made it from pallet wood. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! How did you put the two pallet boards together? Are there support boards in the back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used a small piece of wood on the back to attach them together. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog tonight! Come stop by and grab a featured button: http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2013/06/your-whims-wednesday-116-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete