Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Upstairs hallway transformation

If you've been following me for awhile you already know my battle with brown trim. I have finally conquered ALL of the trim on our main floor and have slowly been working my way  upstairs. Slowly because I despise painting trim! 

Last fall I painted the trim in our master bedroom when I gave the room a much needed makeover, but that was the only trim upstairs that I touched. UNTIL NOW!



Two days and seven doorways later the hallway looks so much brighter!



This is the kids end of the hallway.
Yes, my kids hang junk precious labels on their bedroom doors, and yes it does drive me crazy. However, I have learned to pick my battles... so they stay {for now}.




I needed some art for the hallway so I used some pallet art that I had already made.


I also recycled some old frames by giving them a coat of spray paint. I found the free printables on Pinterest.



So much better and completed for FREE!

Only six more rooms to go!


                                                                                              Amy
 
linking up this week to...
 
 










7 comments:

  1. Love the after. Great job, that white really brightens up the hall. And those blue frames, it looks like the inside of the mats are the same color, how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the inside of the mat is painted the same as the frame!
      These particular frames had two mats so I gently pulled them apart and painted the inside frame and then reattached them with some glue dots! So glad you came by today!

      Delete
  2. It looks wonderful! I love the blue frames. The art you chose is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white painted trim and doors! It changed the whole look of your hallway. Your pallet art is great too! Hope you're having a nice summer.

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hallway looks great and I love that pallet art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a brand new hallway!! Great job!

    Julie @http://www.thevintageabarnhome.com

    ReplyDelete