Thursday, December 8, 2011

My oldest daughter's art room

Today I am posting pics of my oldest daughter's bedroom. When we moved in her only requirements were navy blue and nothing girly! She also enjoys drawing so I wanted to incorporate some of her own artwork into the room.




We saved a bundle by reusing all of her existing furniture from our old house. I painted the walls with a mistint paint in a light blue/gray color. The bedding was inexpensive from Target and the decorative pillows were all on clearance. I painted random picture frames that I just had sitting around in black and matted some of her drawings. On the wall by her closet we decided to paint a large chalkboard with chalkboard paint. When we went to Home Depot to get the paint we discovered they actually make tintable chalkboard paint. Of course she wanted a blue chalkboard wall! I have to say that I've used regular black chalkboard paint several times and had no problems, but this blue paint was very streaky. I actually had to use about ten coats of paint to get the color right! Lastly I had my husband build a frame around the chalkboard to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment