Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My daughter's hot pink haven

When we first moved to our new home my daughter's room was a blank slate. She's eight years old and had a clear vision on how she wanted her room decorated! Her list included hot pink walls, zebra bedding, and Paris themed artwork. Below are the before pictures I took when we first toured our house.

Here are the after pics



I was actually really excited to get to decorate a girly bedroom! I was a little worried about the paint, but once the whole room was painted it looks great! I reused an unwanted dresser and simply painted it black (sorry no knobs in the pics, we recently found some cute black and white dresser knobs at Michael's craft store for $1.00 each).  We added a few zebra accessories, but I didn't want the room to feel to themey (if that's a word). The white baskets under her bed and on the shelves are perfect for holding her large collection of Webkinz and small toys like Polly Pockets, etc. We also painted plain wood letters from the craft store and hung with Velcro over her bookcases. She wanted Paris artwork in her room but I couldn't find anything I really liked in our budget so I ordered a Paris wall calendar off of ebay and then let my daughter pick out three of her favorite pics from it. We simply framed the calendar pages with inexpensive frames and it looks perfect over her bed. Lastly we needed a little bling in her room. We debated taking down the ceiling fan and replacing it with a much prettier chandelier, but decided we really need the fan in the summer. I had a string of glass crystals from some Christmas decorations that we simply hooked to globe on the ceiling light. In the end we love her room and it didn't cost a fortune to decorate!

 




1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love it! You and your daughter did a great job! Im your newest follower - would love it if you popped over for a visit and followed me back. Take care
    Nat
    http://northshoredays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete