Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Dressed up water bottles and birthday parties

This weekend my youngest turned thirteen.

I can still clearly remember turning thirteen myself. I had a sleepover with all my besties and stayed up late in the night watching music videos because it was the only time you could watch them.

My daughter didn't want anything big for her birthday which was a little hard for me and my party planning self. We had some family over and ordered pizza. I couldn't resist adding a touch of color and fun to her party though. 

I know this is nothing new, we've all done this before but I still wanted to share this little glimpse of her birthday with you.


I found some colorful straws at Target and added some fun scrapbook paper to the water bottles. 



I miss planning themed birthday parties for my kids. We've had some great one's in the past {see link below}. I guess I can start planning for my son's graduation party next year {sigh}.



Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Really nice decorations! Thanks for sharing these photos here. Our kids are going to attend a summer carnival next week at a local Seattle convention center. They are eagerly awaiting this event and really happy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice! I miss the kids parties too. This Wednesday my daughter has her 13th birthday. It will be a gipsy like party in our yard, with making dream catchers and roastering marsh mellows.

    ReplyDelete