Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Extension farmhouse table


I know I promised I would show you pics of our new farmhouse table in all of it's extended glory weeks ago, but it just seems like life is getting busier and busier. Since I blog strictly for a hobby my posts have become far and few between. I have good intentions of blogging more often, it's just finding the time when I'm in the "blogging zone". You know what I mean. 

So now on to our farmhouse table which you already saw in our newly decorated dining room. Today I want to share some photos of the building process and what the table and benches look like when extended.

Before building our table my husband and I looked at many tables and plans on Pinterest. We settled on a table that we saw in a local furniture store ad (here). The store table was over $1,300, we built our table and two benches for around $200! I do not have plans for how we built our table but there are tons of plans for similar tables available online.

My husband built our table in our unheated garage in the middle of winter. Try not to pay much attention to the messy garage. 

So here are some pics of the building process.










I love the color of the weathered gray stain I used.


This is the table when not extended it is 7 feet long.

Both ends slide out and the extra pieces are stored underneath.

The two extra table leaves are secured in the middle. The benches pull apart as well and a wood extension piece is added to each end. 


The table is 9.5 feet long when fully extended.


In reality we will only use the table extended a few times a year for holidays and birthdays, but it's nice to have the option and extra seating available if needed.

Thanks for stopping by...even though I don't post very often. 
I appreciate all you readers who still come by to check on me!







No comments:

Post a Comment