Monday, March 16, 2015

Wood growth chart

Last weekend I attended a baby shower for my cousins wife who is due with their first baby this spring. I was excited to make them a special gift and something that I've been wanting to try for awhile. I've seen numerous wood growth charts and rulers on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try my own.



I ended up making two because I have two cousins expecting babies!

I set up my staining station in our garage {very glamorous}.


I stained one dark brown and the other weathered gray.

To make the chevron design I measured and cut out the shape on paper. Then I traced my cut out onto the wood.


Once I had the lines traced I taped them off with painter's tape.

I used white craft paint and a sponge brush for the chevron design. I gave the paint a few minutes to dry and removed the tape.

Then I used a tape measure to make all my measurement markings. Notice my little helper!

I used a ruler to make the lines straight and then went over them with a black sharpie marker.

I printed out my numbers onto copy paper and taped them onto the board. I used carbon paper to trace the numbers and then painted them in by hand with black paint.





Mom to be loved the growth chart and now I can't wait to make one for our home!



I also offer these in my Etsy shop if interested!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun and unique gift! I'm sure the moms-to-be loved it. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I am going to have to make one for my baby girl! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this project and the two variations you made! Thanks for linking up to the Pretty Preppy Party! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kumpulbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

    Oh ya, di sana anda bisa dengan bebas mendowload music, foto-foto, video dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

    ReplyDelete