Monday, February 17, 2014

Coat closet turned multipurpose closet

Our entry coat closet has been a mess for years. The one standard builders shelf just wasn't cutting it and we needed more storage space. So my husband and I finally decided to tackle it once and for all.


It was difficult to get a good picture since the closet is right inside the entrance.

We started by emptying out the closet {we left the existing shelf in place}.


I painted the closet with leftover wall paint from our main floor. Luckily we already had some extra shelves in our garage that we cut to size and installed in the closet.


Since my office/scrapbook room is next door to the closet we decided it was the perfect place to house our wireless printer and even our main computer tower.


I love having everything organized and now it's easy to find what I'm looking for! Since we already had all the supplies it didn't cost anything to turn this underutilized coat closet into a functional multipurpose closet. Love it!

Amy

Linking up this week to...

7 comments:

  1. Do you have an outlet in this closet to plug up the printer? if so that's a great idea! Looks great BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great question! We do not have an outlet in the closet itself however there is an outlet on the other side of the closet wall in my office/scrapbook room. My husband drilled a small opening through the wall so we could run a power strip into the closet.

      Delete
  2. Your closet looks so nice and organized. I love how you used all the vertical space and added shelving. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great..........and looks so handy.......but our problem is that we also lack enough closet space for coats. :) Thank you for sharing this. Gentle Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I love the idea of having the computer and printer in the closet. Dropping by from Whatever Goes Wednesday to say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect and tidy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a smart idea to put the coat rack lower down - then you can use the rest of the space more efficiently and you still have room for the coats!

    ReplyDelete