Wednesday, November 9, 2011

family room redo part 2

After installing the television above the fireplace I started on the fireplace itself. It was desperately calling to be painted white. To me white is just a more classic airy feel. It took two coats of primer and about five coats of paint, but it was well worth all the work. I love our new fireplace!
What I was most excited about was to begin painting over that red wall. I used Valspar Signature paint with primer in a matte finish. The color I used is called barnwood. I cannot say enough about this paint it is awesome! It only took ONE coat to cover that red wall!!! So happy with the new color!

3 comments:

  1. Love how your living room is changing!! I am inspired to paint my fireplace white from you!! Just went back and read your entire blog!! And am your newest Linky Follower! Come and check out my blog if you have a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Worth the work to paint it white!
      Amy

      Delete
  2. New Linky Follower! Found you via a comment on another page!
    Would love a follow back if you like, laura@imnotatrophywife.com

    ReplyDelete